AMR Export Options: Audacity is a free platform where anyone can record audio as they wish. Also, you can anytime edit and enhance your audios with Audacity. There is a wide range of exciting features that are provided in Audacity. It is an open software and is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and other operating systems.
- Sponsored Links -
And, Audacity performs just as well as its paid competitors. You can record single or multiple tracks as you wish. In the case of a multi-track, you can edit all of them at the same time, or edit each one of them individually.
Audacity also provides the feature to export AMR Files from it. It is a user-friendly software for recording your audio and editing tracks. Audacity also provides a free user manual to its users. But still, if you are using Audacity for the first time or you do not know how to export AMR files, then here are all the necessary details. Have a look below!
What is an AMR File?
AMR files are generally audio files that you can save in a compressed form. It is referred to as an Adaptive Multi-Rate. It is generally optimized for the spoken audios. You can easily compress your spoken audios and speeches. It is also useful in the case of mobile ringtones. They are generally saved with .amr extensions. You can create and easily export such files from Audacity.
How can I export an AMR file from Audacity?
Audacity can be easily used to export any AMR file from Audacity to your computer or any other device. Here is the guide:
- For a single track, you can click on the file, and then export audio.
- After this, you can choose the AMR file from the drop-down menu ‘Save as type,’ that appears on the screen of your device.
- In case there are multiple tracks or audios, and you wish to export them, you need to click on the file, then export, and then export multiple.
- After this, you again need to choose the AMR file from the drop-down menu ‘Save as type’ that will be display in front of you on the screen.
Using these methods, you can easily export single or multiple tracks from Audacity. One more thing that must be make note is that you cannot export FFmpeg using Audacity. Therefore, you need to convert it into AMR files and then export it.
AMR- NB files
For exporting AMR- NB files, you need to set up the export. For that, you need to set the bit size. Considerably, the bit size must be between 4.75 kbps to 12.2 kbps. The higher the bit, the higher will be the quality. However, in the case of higher bits, the file size will also be larger.
Also, whatever the Audacity project rate might be, AMR- NB files are always export from Audacity at 8000 Hz sample rate.
Read more articles.
- The Audacity’s file menu
- Fades feature in Audacity
- Learn to use the Fade and Crossfade feature on Audacity