Examples of Generator Usage: Audacity is the best software for you if you are a music person. Audacity is open-source free software that allows us to record, edit and enhances the audio tracks. It lets us do much more. You can make ringtones, split the tracks and can merge them together, again. Explore this software to know much more about its features.
We use Generators to generate new audios. You can easily either generate them as a new track or continue as an existing track. In this article, let us see some of the examples where we use generators.
Adding 2 seconds of silence
Let us see how we can add silence for 2 seconds at the starting of the audio. To do this, firstly skip to the starting of the audio. You can do this by clicking on the “skip to start” button or by clicking the ‘Home’ option. This will make the cursor jump to the start of the audio track.
To create silence –
- Click on the Silence option in the Generate sub-menu.
- Then select the silence timing for two seconds.
- You can change that too according to your will.
- This is just an example. You just need to change the highlighted text. If it shows 40,000 seconds, with number 3 highlighted, then delete 4 and make that 2.
- Finally, press OK or click on the Enter button on your keyboard.
Now, let us begin with another example. Let us say you want to replace a length of 30 seconds of the audio at a particular time, let us say 1minute and 15 seconds with any selected tone.
- To do that, at first, you need to jump to the time 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- You can do that by simply dragging to this time.
- For more accuracy and ease to reach here, you can also use the ‘Selection start’ option from the Selection toolbar.
- Then drag and select a length of 30 seconds to the right of the selected start time.
- If you do not want to drag to that point, you have further two ways in which you can do that.
Audacity makes things easier for you. You can select the length of the selection or can input the length for which selection is desired. It will automatically make the selection.
These two options are present in the Selection toolbar. In Selection Toolbar, select ‘End’ or ‘Length’ option depending upon your choice. If you select the ‘Length’ option, then enter 30 seconds into its input box. On the other hand, if you select the ‘End’ option, then enter the end time, that will be 1 minute and 45 seconds in this case, for which length is 30 seconds.
Now, as we want to add a tone at this audio length, select the tone from the Generate menu. A dialog box will appear that will let you set the properties for the tone. These properties include waveform, amplitude, and frequency for the tone. Finally, click on the Enter button or Ok to finally apply the edits.
Read more articles